Sunday, February 24, 2008

Still No Word From Permit Manager

Still no response from the city's
permit manager to my February 12th,
2008 letter.

I didn't make an appointment to
meet with lawyer#1. Instead I
faxed a letter dated February
20th, 2008, to the Buckingham
agent and copied to lawyer#1. In
the letter I pointed out that I
neglected to include in Schedule
'B', under Expenses, the additional
cost that I would incur to
purchase another property on
Riverside Drive East or a comparable
comparable street to Riverside
Drive East. I requested that the
expenses be increased by an additional
dollar amount that I provided. It's
not the first time I have brought up
the issue of cost of another home.
But it's the first time I've mentioned
Schedule 'B'.

Will it make any difference? Well,
if the objective is to get something
for nothing, even paying a penny is
too much.

Can you believe that April will be
a year that we've been at this, and
and although I've received offers from
the Buyer, the Buyer's dollar amount
has not changed in all its offers
during this entire time. They keep
making the same offer, and I keep
rejecting the same offer. It's
hardly a wonder that we've got
no where.

Anyway, the appraisl was done
February 28, 2007. According to
the appraisal report, the appraiser
valued the property using the
direct comparison approach. The
comparables were semi-detached homes
from various areas of the city. The
addresses of the comparables the
appraiser chose were as follows:
3245 Riberty Road; 8010 Menard;
4233 Old West; 4202 Pioneer.

The only street I was familar with
was Riberty Road. The other streets
I had never heard of before. So I
bought a map of Windsor from Mac's
Milk and looked up the street names.
Although the homes were semi-detached
none of the streets were comparable
to Riverside Drive East. They're not
even close. The appraisal was paid
for by the Buyer.

I also indicated in the letter that
I would be willing to agree to the
confidentialty of the expenses on
condition that I receive a cashier's
cheque for the expenses on the date
I sign the agreement.

No comments: