Friday, February 1, 2008

Demolition Permit

Yesterday, I get a receipt in
the mail from the City of Windsor's
Parks and Recreation deparment.
I notice the receipt has an old
apartment address as my present
address.

I've been a homeowner and at my
present address since April 1999.
The cheque I provided has my home
addressed and the receipt was mailed
to my present address. So why was I
looking at a City receipt showing an
address that I had not seen in years.
I saw this as a bad sign. So I faxed
off a letter to the City's Building &
Development Department.

I needed to know if they issued a
demolition permit for EWCP Inc.'s
2929 Riverside Drive East property.
I also let them know that my property
is attached (semi) to EWCP Inc's property
and that we have not reached an
agreement as yet. Since my last post
I haven't heard anything from EWCP Inc.

I noticed one of the homes on Cadillac
Street was demolished some time last week.
I understand the demolitions are being
carried out by my new neighbour at Our
Lady of the Rosary Church, Aecon
Construction.

I was wondering if the City issues a
demolition permit once an agreement
has been reached between the homeowner
and EWCP Inc. or were the demolition
permits issued in advanced of any
agreement between the homeowners and
EWCP Inc. ?

If the demolition permits for all the
homes were issued before agreements
were reached with the homeowners and
EWCP Inc., then a demolition permit
would have likely been issued by the
City for my house at 2925 Riverside
Drive East. I hope this is not the
case.

Hopefully I get a response from the
the Building department soon.


Planning renovations to your
home, building a deck, etc.
If you live in Windsor, you'll
need a building permit.

Contact info.

Building & Development Department
250 City Hall Square West,
4th Floor
P.O. Box 1607
Windsor, Ontario
Canada
N9A 6S1

Tel: 519 255-6267
Fax: 519 255-7170

email: buildingdept@city.
windsor.on.ca

Inspection: 519 255-6453

Planning info.: 519 255-6281

No comments: