Friday, October 12, 2007

EWCC Ready to Rock!


On Wednesday, October 10, 2007,
I got a call from EWCC's Buckingham
Realty agent. He informed me that all
conditions have been removed (waived)
and EWCC is still prepared to negotiate,
although he said I didn't have to. I told
him that I was willing to negotiate.

He also indicated that the construction
start date is Monday, October 22, 2007
and piling will begin in November. He
said I would receive a registered letter
shortly indicating as much. I received
the letter today. He said he would give
me a call in a couple days to set up time
for us to meet.

The agent called today, He told me that
some of the properties are closing within
10 days. Once possession is taken the homes
will be demolished. He said the company hired
to do the demolition is Aecon Construction
(Aecon Group Inc.).

I asked him what is piling ? He said that
piling is where steel beams are rammed
into the ground. It's done to ensure that
the foundation can carry the load of the
building. A little research on the net
confirmed his explanation. It's what the
construction industry refers to as
'deep foundation'. See link below for
more information on 'piling.'

I asked the agent if EWCC has bought
the church (Our Lady of the Rosary)
next door to me. He said they haven't.
He said that EWCC will be using some
of the church space for office space.
Apparently EWCC has a two year
lease with the church for that purpose.

He said he needs to run the agreement
by the lawyers to get a "consensus".
He noted the items of contention and
would see if they could be removed,
so we get on with the "meat and potatoes"
of the agreement. He said he would contact
me tomorrow (meaning today), or early
next week depending on the lawyers
(referring to EWCC's lawyers).

October 22nd is just around the corner.
I guess we'll have to wait and see what
happens.

Click on picture to enlarge.

Deep Foundation - Piling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_foundation

No comments: