Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Not Over


Click on picture to enlarge.








I was hoping the incident that occurred a
at work a few weeks ago was done. See my
post of Friday August 8th, 2008, titled,
"Suspended". I was suspended on the Friday.
The day before the supervisor that suspended
me approved my request for vacation the
for the following week.

Since I was suspended I didn't know if
my vacation would be cancelled in light
of the suspension. I was not
contacted by anyone from work so I had to
figure it out myself.

I decided that the best way to determine
whether if I was still on suspension was
to wait and see if my vacation pay was direct
deposited into my account. If it wasn't,
I was still on suspension. I did receive my
vacation pay which told me that, the week of
August 11th I was not on suspension. The
following week, the week of August 18th was a
layoff week.

Wednesday, I'm summoned to a disciplinary
interview with human resources. It's the
first contact I have with a union rep.
in regards to the August 8th incident. At
the end of the interview I know I am in
trouble because there's no proof that
this rule, no sleeping on breaks, is not a rule.
And HR is looking to administer more discipline.

Well actually there was proof but it was behind
a glass case and my impression was no one had
copy it or access to a key to get it but HR.
So I took pictures. I took pictures of the
Company's rules of personal conduct for employees,
posted few feet outside HR's office.

Later at home I uploaded the pictures to my
computer and printed off the clearest one of
the bunch and faxed it over to the union rep.
I asked the rep in an accompanying letter to
present the rules to the supervisor and the HR
rep. ask which of the rules listed was I breaking
when the supervisor woke me up to tell me
I can't sleep on my break.

The following day I learn that the rep. is
not in. This morning I fax a copy of the
letter I sent to the rep. and a copy
of the picture of the Company rules to the
HR rep. The union rep is in today and appeared
with another rep to tell me that the fax
of the rules came out blurry and asked if
I had another copy on me. I said, "No." I
said I'd bring another copy in on Monday.

I asked how they prove their cases without
a copy of the Company rules. The rep.
responded that the Chair probably has a copy
but he's not in today . I suggested that the
rep use her cell phone camera to take a picture
of the posted rules. She said, "No" She
wanted a copy of the rules. So I don't
know.

No comments: