Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Clean Slate

The agent contacted me. That should
be a good sign, right? Well, I don't
know. I'd like to get this settled
so that we can move on. But I don't
want to end up homeless and with no
money because the objective hasn't
change, just the route.

The agent said something that bothered
me. He told me that I would be paying
off my mortgage myself. Now it seems to
me that if we are going to try to reach
an agreement, we should at least try
to start with a clean slate. And
a clean slate would be that I trust
others will do their jobs. So
I'm not paying off my mortgage myself.
That's for the lawyers to deal with.

Last week I was at St. Clair College
and I picked up a real estate book from
the college book store titled, Advanced
Residential Real Estate Transactions,
Second Edition, by Mark W. Walma, MA, LLB.
Funny thing about that was I didn't go
to the book store with the idea of
buying a book on real estate. I was
just browsing and came across the book.

On the same day I bought the
book, which was last Wednesday, I came
home to find a message on my answering
machine from the agent, who I hadn't
heard from in some time. I returned
his call the following day. Anyways,
I picked up the book to learn a little
about the process. So hopefully it will
be of some help.

No comments: