Sunday, June 22, 2008

City offered church for $1.00

For those of you who don't know yet,
we finally settled on Monday June 16th,
2008. The closing date is in 60 days.
I counted on my calendar that the
60th day is on August 14, 2008.
Though, I'll have to get confirmation
on the date. My understanding is that
about a week before closing I'll be required
to sign an agreement with the actual date
included (an amendment). So everything
looks hunky dory for now. And you thought
miracles don't happen.

The following day, June 17th, I was perusing
the Windsor Star, and I came across the
article, "Bank building's days numbered."
Guess what? The London diocese offered to
sell Our Lady of the Rosary church to the
city for $1.00. I was stunned. The city
would get the building not quite free, but
just about free. $1.00!!

Apparently the church requires about 2 million
in repairs. I suppose really when you look at
it, the city actually will be buying the
church for $1.00 plus about an additional
2 million when you factor in the repairs.
Our Lady of the Rosary church is a beautiful
building and I think it will be money well spent.

Although I'm not Catholic, I always felt that
with the church as my next door neighbour God
was looking out for me. And so far He has.



"Bank building days numbered"
http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/
story.html?id=5053ad69-d6cd-4214-a940
-4be2e80ae132&p=

No comments: