Friday, March 7, 2008

Enwin Utilities - Power On

My power is on. It was turned
on by Enwin within an hour of being
turned off at 9:30 a.m. yesterday.
SO everything is hunky dory on that
front.

Not long ago I heard a loud BOOM! and
my house shook like something hit it.
Scared the pjesus out of me. I looked
out my windows and only saw a Fedex
delivery truck parked out front of
Aecon (Our Lady Rosary Church - Cadillac
Street view). The delivery person was
unloading boxes on to a trolly. Nothing
unsual there. I open my front door and step
outside. I look next door, no damage,
it's still attached. Then it occurred to
me that maybe it's the Police Service doing
training again at one of the empty houses
on Cadillac Street. So I poked head
around the side of my house. I didn't
see a sign on the sidewalk advertising
the Police Services presence. So I
don't know what the cause was.

The last time this happened I had
visions of a giant wrecking ball
hitting my house. It was Tuesday
February 5, 2008. Scared the crap
out of me. It took a couple of minutes
for me to peel myself off my ceiling
to venture outside to see what kind
of damage I would find. I found none.
What I did see was a sign sitting
on the sidewalk in front of what looked
like the second or third house on
Cadillac Street, advertising the Police
Training Services. I presumed the
source came from there.

I thought maybe they were doing training
in handling bombs, which I thought at the
time, if they were, ironic or maybe a better
word a coincidence, maybe both, given my
post of the day before (February 4th, 2008).

Anyways all seems to be well - for now.

No comments: