Friday, January 11, 2008

Home Insurance - Corporate Buyer First Payee?

I see Habitat for Humanity is
next door again. It's kind of
ironic that the Buyer is helping
to build homes for the needy
while at the same time angling
to deliberately destroy my
property. It would seem to
me that deliberate destruction
of my property would be a
crime. I would also think
collecting insurance as a first
payee on property it deliberately
destroyed would be a crime too.

Did I mention that the corporate
Buyer wanted me to add it to my
insurance policy as a first payee,
if I were to remain in the house
after the closing date. The closing
date is the the date I would receive
the cashier's cheques from the Buyer
and the Buyer would receive the Deed
to the house in exchange, which it
would then register with the Ontario
Land and the also the date the Buyer
registers the Deed with the Ontario
Land Registry (OLR).

And, "No', the Deed shouldn't be
registered with OLR before the
closing date because, the Buyer
is falsely claiming that it paid
x amount for the property when in
fact it has not paid for the property.
The Seller doesn't receive funds
until the closing date indicated
in the Agreement of Purchase and Sale.


It struck me as odd that a
corporation would want to be added
to my home insurance policy as first
payee on property that its itching
to destroy. Of course I would never
never add the Buyer to my home insurance
policy.

No comments: