Thursday, January 10, 2008

Scapegoats: setting up workers to take the blame?

Shortly after 9:00 a.m., two WUC
(Windsor Utilities Commission)
workers on property. I over hear
one say to the other, "there's
two meters.". I think nothing of
it. About an hour or so later I hear
the beeping sound of a vehicle
reversing. It's the WUC van leaving
the property.

Then around 10:30 a.m. I hear what
sounds like a big truck pull up to
the property.I look out my sliding
door window and there's a WUC worker
(different workers)looking directly
at me. He say's to his partner not
in my view, "there's someone here".
He had a puzzled look on face as
I'm sure I did too. I thought,
"What is going on here?" I give him
the hand gesture for, "Just a minute."
I get dressed, throw my coat on and
head outside.

The worker has a clip board in his
hand and I noticed the attached document
heading, "DEMOLITION". I notice the
address too. 2929 Riverside Drive
East, the house attached to mine.

The worker said he thought it was a
separate house. I didn't verbalize it,
but I thought it, "Yah, that's what
they wanted you to think too." The
WUC workers were not told that the
address provided to them was a semi-
detached and that someone still lived
in one of the houses. They were
directed by someone up the street
to shut the hydro off.

The worker said that there must have
been some confusion. He said if they
shut the hydro off, it would shut my
hydo off too. He said they wouldn't do
it. He said, "You're moving." I said,
"No. My house hasn't sold yet."
He said again and with even more certainty,
"We're not shutting the hydro off.
We'll have to go talk to him up the street."
I asked if it was someone from AECON.
He said, "No." He didn't reveal who it was.


Since they don't want to pay me for my
property, just have their attached property
demolished, destroying my property and
everything I own at the same time. The
kill two birds with one stone philosophy.
Then claim they didn't know anything about
it. They'd chalk it up to miscommunication
and blame those they setup to take the
fall - the workers.

EDIT IN

Okay, I hearing banging next door. It's
Habitat for Humanity. Their truck
is parked in the driveway. Not a good
sign.

I responded to EWCP's letter I received
on December 24th,2007, I haven't heard a
word. Perhaps, WUC and Habitat for Humanity
appearance is their response.

I'm wondering if I should contact my
insurance company.

No comments: