Monday, July 28, 2008

Learned Something New today

Did you know that if your lawyer breaches
the confidentiality clause of a contract
that you signed, it could become void?
Apparently you can become liable if your
lawyer decides to publish the agreement
(if it is the agreement that is
confidential or clause),which can cause
it to become void, and in turn causing
his/her client to forfeit the settlement
amount.

An example of this would be if my lawyer
disclosed the expense amount contrary to
the confidentiality clause of the Agreement.
If that occurred I could lose the expenses
set out in the Agreement. Not cool!

Ten days after signing the purchase of sale,
I signed another purchase of sale for another
house. The closing date is on August 15th, 2008.
too. My lawyer is handling that transaction
as well.

I have to have faith that all will be well,
but not blind faith.

No comments: